Frank A Theis Park Kansas City MO United States
Frank A Theis Park Kansas City MO United States is a large and popular park that features a curated grassy area, a dedicated jogging track, and a well-placed amphitheater. It also hosts a variety of local events and is a great place to take your family.
The Board of Park Commissioners, under the charter of Kansas City, Missouri, has superintendence, control and management of all parks, boulevards, *851 and playgrounds belonging to or under the control of said City. More!
One of Kansas City’s most popular parks has a long and distinguished history. This green-tinged, albeit tame, enclave of trees and shrubs was once part of the sprawling estate of newspaper magnate William Rockhill Nelson. A modern day iteration of the park was commissioned in 1947 as part of a planned civic improvement project to link up the Plaza and Nelson-Atkins art museums with the University of Kansas City (UMKC), the Barstow School, Menorah Hospital and Rockhurst College.
The park is also home to the requisite jogging trail and an amphitheatre that can hold the attention of any event planner. Despite the park’s humble origins, it is today a much loved and well-used destination for both locals and visitors from afar. The most obvious reason for its popularity is that it’s a great place to get a few fresh air and stretch your legs.
Located next to the Plaza and Nelson Atkins Art Museum, Frank A Theis Park is a popular place for local events. It has a beautifully curated grassy area, a dedicated jogging track, and a well-placed amphitheatre for theatrical performances. Refer to This Site!
The park is also a great place to spend time with family and friends during the summer. Its annual Pride Festival is a fun event with live music and a parade.
The park also features a unique falling water fountain that turns blue during Royals home games. This fountain was put in to commemorate a local businessman and philanthropist, William Volker.
Frank A Theis Park is a popular recreation area that serves as a home to a variety of events and activities. The park features a beautiful curated grassy area, a jogging track and a well-maintained amphitheater perfect for theatrical performances and wedding ceremonies.
Theis Park is part of a larger urban renewal project designed to transform the estate of newspaper publisher William Rockhill Nelson into a cultural center park that linked the Nelson-Atkins Museum, the Kansas City Art Institute and University of Missouri-Kansas City. Planning began in 1947 with bonds sold to acquire the property and develop it as a public park.
Theis Park is sometimes known as Volker Park because the fountain was named after local businessman and philanthropist William Volker, who served on many charitable boards and donated much of his fortune to charity.
Frank A Theis Park is one of the best places to take a stroll and watch a sunset in Kansas City. The park has a number of unique features including a large open grassy area, a jogging trail next to Brush Creek and a well-placed amphitheater. This park is a good choice for families, fitness enthusiasts and nature lovers.
The park is named in honor of the late Frank Theis, a grain merchant and former president of the Board of Park Commissioners. The park was part of a planned civic improvement project in the mid-20th century that connected the Plaza, Nelson-Atkins Museum and Country Club Plaza with the University of Kansas City (UMKC) and other leading institutions. The park is also home to the city’s tallest tree.
Located in the Plaza, this park has a beautifully curated grassy area with a jogging track next to Brush Creek and a well-placed amphitheatre perfect for theatrical events. The park also hosts a variety of local events and is ideal for families and nature lovers.
Frank A Theis Park is a popular location for local residents and visitors to the Kansas City area. The park is named after Frank Theis, a grain merchant who served as president of the Board of Park Commissioners in Kansas City from 1952 until his death in 1965. Following his death, the area was renamed the Frank A. Theis Memorial Mall and was later renamed Frank A Theis Park in 1991. The park is open daily. It is free to enter and has a range of amenities for visitors. Click Here!
Driving Direction from Empire Cleaning to Frank A. Theis Park
Driving Direction from Frank A. Theis Park to Seven Oaks Park